What's new on Windows 11 - Why you should upgrade
Today Microsoft officially announced Windows 11 and here is a quick recap.
- Windows 11 is coming out in October 2021 but insiders can try beta builds in June 28.
- Android apps are coming natively through the Amazon Appstore via Intel Bridge technology.
- Native Xbox App built into Windows 11 with Game Pass and Cloud Gaming.
- Many new features (Auto HDR, DX12 Ultimate, DirectStorage).
- Big performance improvements - better optimized for touch screens and games.
- Revamped design - new sounds, new animations, new task bar, new start menu, new file manager icons and many new Microsoft apps.
- New widgets with AI.
- Windows 11 is a free upgrade.
- Changes to System requirements.
Processor - 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
Memory - 4 GB RAM
Storage - 64 GB or larger storage device
System firmware - UEFI, Secure Boot capable
TPM - Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
Graphics card - DirectX 12 compatible graphics / WDDM 2.x
Display - >9” with HD Resolution (720p)
Internet connection - Microsoft account and internet connectivity required for setup for Windows 11 Home